Who could use a free brand new ATV? How about $1,500 to spend however you wish?
All those prizes and more will go to one local winner of the Daily Journal's Best Buck Contest 2017. That's right, the big winner will take home a new Can Am Outlander 450.
The winner will also take home multiple gift cards worth hundreds of dollars to use to buy accessories, or a trailer to haul your new toy, or buy gas or groceries or a new barbecue grill or smoker ... it's your choice.
Sound too good to be true? Last year Kory Schweiss, a coach at Central High School, took home a new Suzuki ATV and $1,500 in gift cards as the winner of Best Buck Contest 2016. That contest saw more than 50 successful hunters enter pictures and several thousand readers cast votes over a couple week period.
Now, for the second year in a row, the Daily Journal has teamed up with three area businesses to offer the prize package to the top winner of our Best Buck Contest 2017. The winner will be determined by the number of votes received for photos submitted to our online contest at www.dailyjournalonline.com starting Oct. 21.
Hunters can enter a picture of their buck harvested this fall, entering the contest anytime between Oct. 21 and Nov. 25. Then the public will be able to cast votes for their favorite buck between Nov. 26 and Dec. 9. The winner will be announced the following week.
So what exactly will the winner take home?
From Midwest Sports Center in Farmington (www.midwestsportscenter.com) a new 2017 Can Am Outlander 450. The machine retails for $7,299.
The second sponsor, Hoods Discount Home Centers (www.hoodshomecenters.com), will provide a $1,000 gift card to be used for the purchase of merchandise at any Hoods retail outlet.
Sam Scism Ford Lincoln (www.scismford.com) has once again donated a $500 gift card for use wherever credit/debit cards are accepted. You can use it however you desire.
It's a "winner takes all" prize package. The buck entry with the most votes takes all the prizes. The key is to, first, kill a buck this season, and then second, take a photo and submit it to our contest, then third, get the most votes online for your trophy.
Additionally this year, each person entering a buck in the contest will receive a certificate for a free Little Caesars pizza.
Here's more specifics about the contest:
- Hunter submitting entry should reside in St. Francois, Madison, Iron, Washington, Jefferson, Ste. Genevieve, Perry, Wayne, Bollinger or Reynolds county.
- Entries can be submitted beginning Oct. 21 and running through Nov. 25.
- Voting will begin Nov. 26 and run through Dec. 9.
- The contest link and these details will be on our website and shared regularly on our social media pages. Please check contests for rules and regulations.
- The winner will be announced the week of Dec. 10 in the Daily Journal, on our website, and via our Facebook page and Twitter.
- Only one entry per registered user allowed. All contest entries will be reviewed by Daily Journal staff before it will show up in the contest.
- The deer in the photo should be harvested during any of the 2017 fall deer hunting seasons between now and the last day to enter the contest.
Good luck this deer season. Have fun and plan to enter the contest for the great prize package and bragging rights.