Skip to content

Teresa Ressel / Daily Journal

Fire departments from Big River, Park Hills, Farmington and Leadwood were called to assist Desloge with a small kitchen fire inside a first-floor apartment on Hawthorne Street Friday night. Desloge Fire Chief Larry Gremminger said the fire apparently started after the resident left a pan on the stove. Gremminger said the resident started to fix food on the stove but decided instead to grab some fast food. When the resident and a visitor returned, the apartment was full of smoke. The fire damage was minimal. Police also investigated possible “illegal activity” at the apartment. They placed one man in custody but later released him.

Leave a Comment