Skip to content

The Madison County Salvation Army Chapter has collected $4421.55 in the recent Salvation Army Bell Ringing Campaign.

This far exceeds any previous year. The local chapter will retain 85 percent of these funds for local use. The funds will be used to provide shelter to the homeless, puchase food, fund transportation services for both medical and employment purposes, purchase prescriptions and other uses. The remaining 15 percent is utilized by the National Salvation Army for funding of Disaster Relief and World Wide Missions.

Part of the funds raised were from Counter Kettle collections. The Circle S Meat Market led the 18 locations in the amount collected. Madison County Salvation Army Chapter Chairperson Sharron Tinnin said the many individuals’ and groups’willingness to be a part of this program made it a huge success.

A letter of thanks is being sent to each participant.

Leave a Comment