Skip to content

Bismarck fire starts behind dryer

The Bismarck Fire Department responded to a house fire at 4659 Highway BB at 7:21 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters arrived within five minutes to report light smoke showing from a single-story ranch style home.

Firefighters entered the building to find a smoke-filled home with a fire in the rear of the clothes dryer. Crews removed the dryer from the structure and extinguished the fire within five minutes.

Fire damaged the flooring, floor joist, exterior wall and clothes dryer. Crews ventilated the home, and ensured that the electrical system was safe before allowing the home owner to return.

The Bismarck Fire Department was assisted by Park Hills, Leadwood, and Irondale Fire Departments. No injuries were reported. The home owner did have a current fire tag.

Leave a Comment