The Foundation for Historic Preservation would like to invite the citizens of Madison County to participate in a county wide art show. All entries will be on exhibit from April 15 through May 15th at the Ozark Regional Library, 115 S. Main in Fredericktown during regular library hours.
The contest theme is the commemoration of the Civil War and the opening of the Battle of Fredericktown Civil War Museum. The latter will be dedicated Sunday, May 4, 2008.
We have established the following qualifications and rules. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
1) Five levels will be separately judged: Adult, High School, Middle, Intermediate, & Elementary
2) All entries remain the property of the artist, although the Foundation reserves the right to reproduce the art, without re-numeration to the artist, for inclusion in the Civil War Museum, brochures and publicity.
3) Size: No larger than 16” x 20” (un-matted), entry may be smaller.
4) Art must be matted to fit in wall display rack.
5) Any of these mediums: pen & ink, pencil, oil, watercolor, crayon, collage, chalk pastels, or marking pen. All mediums will be judged together, not as separate types.
6) IN THE ADULT DIVISION ONLY, the following divisions are added: Photography and Computer Enhanced Photography, plus the mediums included in Rule #5.
7) Subject matter must be related to the Civil War in some way.
8) Any entry deemed in bad taste will be disqualified.
9) Entries must be delivered to the Ozark Regional Library in Fredericktown between 3:30 pm. – 5:30 pm, Monday, April 14, 2008 only. No early or late entries will be accepted.
10) DO NOT sign or identify the artist on the front of the art work in any way.
11) Complete the registration form. Only one entry per artist.
12) Registration form must be submitted with the entry on the date and time listed above.
13) Decision of the judges is final.
Prizes for each entry level:
1st Prize – $50 plus ribbon
2nd Prize – Ribbon
3rd Prize – Ribbon
4th Prize – Ribbon
Winners will be announced Noon, Saturday, April 19, 2008 at the library.
Rules and Registration forms are available at the Ozark Regional Library.
For more information, please call Carole Magnus at 573-576-8528