The following is a listing of events taking place in the Farmington R-7 School District.
• Congratulate the AFJROTC Color Guard and Drill Team cadets on their first and second place finishes (respectively) in last weekend’s drill meet at Sumner High School.
• Friday, April 18th, fourth grade students from Jefferson will go to SKYZONE in Chesterfield from 7:30-2:30 for a MAP celebration. This is sponsored by the Jefferson PTG.
• Saturday, April 19th, Farmington Knight Line will be hosting a variety show at Truman Kindergarten at 6:00 PM. All dance teams are welcome to enter a routine. Large groups, small groups, and even solos are welcomed. The entry fee is two dollars a person, per routine. If you have any questions you may contact Janna Hagerty at 747-7993, Jymie Liley at 631-0492, or Angie Thomas at 366-0790.
• Monday, April 21st through Friday, April 25th will be teacher appreciation week.
Tuesday, April 22nd, Truman Kindergarten will hold their pre-orientation from 6:30 – 7:30 PM.
• Tuesday, April 22nd (“Earth Day”), third grade students from Jefferson Elementary will be traveling to America’s Incredible Pizza Company in South County for a MAP Celebration from 8:00-2:30. The students will be wearing their designed Earth Day shirts. This is sponsored by the Jefferson PTG.
• Thursday, April 24th, W. L. Johns will hold a reading celebration for both morning and afternoon students.
• Friday, April 25th, Washington Franklin Elementary fourth grade students will take a field trip to visit the St. Louis Arch.
• Monday, April 28th, Jefferson Elementary first and fourth grade students will have their Spring Program at the Centenne Center. The first grade program will be at 6:30 PM and the fourth grade program will be at 7:00 PM.
• Monday, April 28th through Monday, May 5th, Pre-Kindergarten screenings will be held at the First Baptist Church. For additional information, please call Truman Kindergarten at 701-1370.
• Thursday, May 1st, Roosevelt Elementary will hold their Spring Music Programs at the Centene Center. The first grade program will be at 6:30 PM and the fourth grade at 7:30 PM.
• Thursday, May 1st the high school health services club will be holding a blood drive in the Gym.
• Friday, May 2nd, all Elementary schools will hold their annual Pioneer Day for all fourth grade students.
• Friday, May 2nd, second and third grade students at Jefferson Elementary will be attending the Moolah Shrine Circus at St. Charles Family Arena as part of their end of the year Field Day experience. Parents of Jefferson students may order $6.00 tickets and caravan with the buses. A $7.00 parking fee is required when parking.
• Monday, May 5th through Friday, May 9th, Jefferson Elementary will hold their spring Scholastic Book Fair.
• Monday, May 5th through Friday, May 9th, W.L. Johns will hold their spring Scholastic Book Fair.
• Thursday, May 8th, W.L. Johns will hold a St. Jude Trike-A-Thon for both morning and afternoon sessions.
• Tuesday, May 20th, W.L. Johns will hold their graduation in Truman Auditorium at 6:00 PM.