The following is a list of events related to the Farmington R-7 School District.
The list includes:
• The Lincoln Honor Choir will be performing at the St. Louis Cardinal game on Saturday, April 11th. Tickets are on sell for $20 (the tickets normally cost $27). The Cardinals will play the Houston Astros at 3:10 p.m. and the Honor Choir will be performing “God Bless America” on the field before the game. To purchase tickets please contact Lincoln Intermediate Center at 701-1340.
• Thursday, April 2nd will be the monthly Band Boosters meeting at 7:00 pm.
• Monday, April 6th W.L. Johns will have a Reading Celebration. Children will be reading and having snacks, parents will be there to help. Both morning and afternoon classes will participate.
• Monday, April 6th the FHS Music Department will host the University of Central Missouri Wind Ensemble and Concert Choir at the Centene Performing Arts Center. The program begins at 7:00 pm and there is no admission charge.
• Tuesday, April 7th will be Author Day at Truman Kindergarten. A local author who has written a book about a rescue dog will come to the classrooms and read along with a dressed up life size character of the story
• Tuesday, April 7th will be FHS Band Night at CiCi’s Pizza. Mark your calendar and have dinner out that night at CiCi’s Pizza and the FHS Band will receive a portion of the total sales.
• Friday, April 10th school will not be in session in observance of Good Friday.
• Thursday, April 16th – 27th will be the Scholastic Book Fair at Truman Kindergarten.
Thursday, April 16th will be the Renaissance Celebration at the high school. This is a day to reward students that have met one of the following criteria: honor roll, on a roll (raised GPA by a point), or 98% attendance.
• Thursday, April 16th Truman Kindergarten will hold their monthly PTG meeting at 6:00. This will also be Nutrition night with Rhonda Hubbard “Get Movin’ Night.”
• Monday, April 20th Jefferson Elementary will hold a PTG meeting at 6:00 pm.
• Tuesday, April 21st will be pre-orientation at Truman Kindergarten from 6:30-7:30 pm.
• Wednesday, April 22nd will be Flag Presentations at Truman Kindergarten.
• Thursday, April 23rd will be pre-orientation at Truman Kindergarten from 6:30-
• Monday, April 27th Jefferson Elementary will hold 1st and 4th grade music programs at the Centene Center. The 1st grade program will begin at 6:30 pm and the 4th grade program will begin at 7:30 pm.
• Monday, April 27th – May 5th will be screenings for Kindergarten. Please contact Truman Kindergarten at 701-1370 for additional information.
• Monday, April 27th – May 1st the middle school will hold their spring book fair. The theme will be Lights! Camera! Action!
• Tuesday, April 28th Washington-Franklin Elementary will hold their 1st and 4th grade music programs at the Centene Center. The 1st grade program will begin at 6:30 pm and the 4th grade program will begin at 7:30 pm.
• Thursday, April 30th Roosevelt Elementary will hold their 1st and 4th grade music programs at the Centene Center. The 1st grade program will begin at 6:30 pm and the 4th grade program will begin at 7:30 pm.
• Wednesday, May 6th school will dismiss at 12:00 for teacher professional development.
• Thursday, May 7th W.L. Johns will hold their annual St. Jude’s Trike-A-Thon. Students will be collecting pledges for riding the trail.
• Friday, May 15th will be Truman Kindergarten field day with a rain date of Wed, May 20th.