“See You At The Pole” takes place each year at school campuses across America. This year it will be held Sept. 23.
“Engage: Go and pray . . .”, as taken from 2 Kings 22:13, is the theme for See You at the Pole this year. Area students will arrive early to school to connect with each other and pray in unity around the flagpole to intercede for their leaders, schools, and families, asking God to bring moral and spiritual awakening to their campuses and countries.
Students are encouraged to text and remind each other to attend. Prayers will be held at:
• Farmington High School Practice Field, Black Knight Drive at 7:00 a.m.;
• Farmington Middle School at 7:30 a.m.; Central High School at 7:00 a.m.;
• Central Middle School at 7:35 a.m.;
• 7:30 a.m. at Bismarck and North County Middle School;
• North County High School at 7:30 a.m.;
• West County at 7:45 a.m.;
• Ste Genevieve High and Middle Schools at 7:00 a.m.;
• Fredericktown High and Middle Schools at 7:30 a.m.;
• Potosi High and Middle Schools at 7:00 a.m.
After students have prayed in the morning at area schools during the annual See you at the Pole prayer, students and their families are invited to the ‘See You After The Pole Rally’ that evening at 7 p.m. at Calvary Temple in Fredericktown.
The guest speaker will be world reknowned motivational speaker Nick Vujicic. He is director of Life Without Limbs, an organization for physically disabled.
Born without arms or legs with no medical reason for the condition, Nick states on his website, www.lifewithoutlimbs.org that, “Faced with countless challenges and obstacles, God has given me the strength to surmount what others might call impossible. Along with that, the Lord has placed within me an unquenchable passion to share this same hope and genuine love that I’ve personally experienced with more than two million people all over the globe.”
Vujicic has traveled to 19 nations to share his great, inspirational testimony. Astounding video clips of Vujicic’s story can be seen on the Internet on You Tube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPmY4nIjVE&feature=related.
Music will be provided by Calvary Temple’s Teen Choir. Admission is free. This is a YFC sponsored event. Calvary Temple church is located 2 miles east of Fredericktown on Hwy 72.