The following is a list of events related to the Farmington R-7 School District.
The list includes:
• The Jazz Ensemble received a “superior one” rating at the Clark Terry/Phi Mu Alpha Jazz Festival in Cape Girardeau on February 12, 2010. The Jazz Lab Band received an “excellent two” rating. Kyle Bauche and John McNamara received the festival’s “outstanding musician awards.”
• Saturday, February 20th the FHS Color Guard will hold its annual multi-family rummage sale from 8 AM – noon. The sale will be held in the cafeteria of Lincoln Intermediate Center at 708 S. Felming Street.
• Saturday, February 20th through Saturday, February 27th is national FFA week. FFA students will host a variety of activities including a tivia night on Saturday, February 27th. Trivia will begin at 6:30 PM in the FHS cafeteria with free soda, popcorn, and pizza! Also, prize baskets will be given away after each round. $10/person with 8 member teams. If you are interested in having a team you can contact Sally Whitener at 756-7175 or Susan Baird at 756-2375.
• Tuesday, February 23rd through Friday, February 27th the high school LMC will host their annual book fair from Regent Book Co. This fair will focus specifically on high school fiction & non-fiction books with a few reference type selections. The fair will be held in Rm.107 and will be open from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM each day.
• Friday, February 26th the Southeast Explorer will visit Roosevelt Elementary.
• Tuesday, March 2nd FHS will hold their annual College and Career Night. Students will participate from 1:15 PM – 3:00 PM and parents will have an opportunity to see programs at the high school that evening from 5 PM – 7 PM.
• Friday, March 5th school will dismiss at 12:00 for teacher professional development.
• Saturday, March 20th the FHS Athletic Booster Club will hold a Trivia Night beginning at 7:00 PM in the high school gym. The cost is $80.00 per team (8 people per team). There will also be a silent auction. All proceeds go toward helping the athletic teams at FHS. For more information please contact Candy Husk at 631-8610 or Christi Moyers at 756-9720.