The following is a list of upcoming events in the Farmington R-7 School District. This list is provided courtesy of the school district each week during the school year.
Upcoming events include:
• Congratulations to the Black Knight Marching Band on their performances on Saturday, October 16 at the 25th annual Rebel Invitational in Park Hills. The band finished in 1st place in Class 4 competition, and received the outstanding music award, the outstanding visual award, the outstanding color guard award, and the outstanding percussion award. In open class finals competition, the BKMB finished in FIRST place, ahead of Jefferson City, Waynesville, Eureka, and Potosi. The band received the outstanding visual award and tied for the outstanding music award. The band will conclude their competition season on Saturday, October 23 with a trip to the Edward Jones Dome for the 39th annual Greater St. Louis Marching Band Festival and the Ste. Genevieve Marching Invitational where they will defend their first place finish from last year.
• Monday, October 18th though Friday, October 22nd is bus driver appreciation week and bus safety week.
• The middle school is currently holding their book fair and it will run through Friday, October 27th in the library.
• Jefferson Elementary and Washington-Franklin Elementary are currently holding their book fairs and they will run through Thursday, October 28th.
• Monday, October 25th first grade students from Roosevelt Elementary will take their annual field trip to All Seasons Garden Center.
• Tuesday, October 26th W.L. Johns students will take a field trip to All Seasons Garden Center. The morning students will go at 9:15 a.m. and the afternoon session will go at 1:15 p.m..
• Wednesday, October 27th parent-teacher conferences will be held from 3:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. for the Farmington School District.
• Thursday, October 28th school will dismiss at noon and parent-teacher conferences will be held from 12:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. for the Farmington School District.
• Friday, October 29th school will not be in session for the Farmington School District.
• Thursday, November 11th the Farmington Schools will celebrate Veteran’s Day by holding their annual Veteran’s Breakfast. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at each school campus. Spouses are welcome to attend.
• Friday, November 12th school will dismiss at noon for teacher professional development.