Three dogs at the Farmington Pound and six dogs at the Park Hills Pound are seeking their owners or new homes where they can be loved and cared for, according to Pet Central of the Mineral Area member, Adele Stemler.
• An adolescent female Beagle, about 10 to 12 months old. She is housebroken.
• A female Chihuahua, about 2 years old.
• A male Walker Coon Hound mix puppy, about 6 months old.
PARK HILLS POUND
• Male and female chihuahuas found running together in Park Hills. They are young adults.
• A pair of sisters, probably dachshund and Boston terrier mix, about a year old.
• A large female Labrador retriever — possibly Great Pyrenees — about 4 to 5 years old and well-mannered. She was found at St. Joe Park.
• A young female pitbull terrier mix, about 10-12 months old.
To give owners the opportunity to claim them, dogs and cats are kept for seven days at the Park Hills and Farmington Pounds; and five days at the Desloge Pound. After that, they are eligible for adoption or euthanasia. There are no adoption fees, but rescuers are required by the Missouri Department of Agriculture to sign a spay/neuter/vaccination commitment.
Other animals not featured in this story may also be available for adoption.