Six dogs at the Farmington Pound and four dogs at the Park Hills Pound are seeking their owners or new homes where they can be loved and cared for, according to Pet Central of the Mineral Area member, Adele Stemler.
Park Hills Pound
• An intact, male Wire-haired Terrier. “He is 3-4 years old and good with kids,” said Stemler.
• A 4-6 month old puppy that was witnessed being abandoned by his family in a park.
• A female American Pitbull mix puppy, about 6-8 months old. Stemler said, “She is an unusual color with a shiny coat.”
• A housebroken 2-year old, female Pitbull mix. “Even-tempered and very well-mannered,” said Stemler. “A beautiful dog.”
• A Labrador/Boxer mix female that is 9-months to 1 year old.
• A male 8-10-week-old Shepherd/Beagle mix puppy.
• A 4-5-month-old Beagle mix puppy.
• A male Beagle mix, about 4 months old.
• Two Husky mix female sisters, both 6-8 months old.
To give owners the opportunity to claim them, dogs and cats are kept for seven days at the Park Hills and Farmington Pounds; and five days at the Desloge Pound. After that, they are eligible for adoption or euthanasia. There are no adoption fees, but rescuers are required by the Missouri Department of Agriculture to sign a spay/neuter/vaccination commitment.
Other animals not featured in this story may also be available for adoption.