Skip to content

More details in Weinhaus shooting

FRANKLIN COUNTY — Troopers are providing more information on what happened during a meeting with Jeffrey Weinhaus Tuesday afternoon.

According to a press release issued today, two patrol Drug and Crime Control officers arranged to meet Weinhaus, 45, in the parking lot of a business in Franklin County near his residence. Weinhaus arrived and then exited his vehicle.

The troopers observed a holstered pistol on Weinhaus’ side. The troopers issued verbal commands for Weinhaus to move his hands away from his pistol. However, Weinhaus unstrapped the holster and began to draw the weapon. Fearing for their safety, the troopers fired at and struck Weinhaus.

After securing Weinhaus, the troopers provided medical assistance until the arrival of emergency medical services personnel. Weinhaus was transported to a St. Louis area hospital where he is listed in critical condition. The Patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control investigation is ongoing.

On Tuesday, Sgt. Al Nothum, spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop C, had said two members of the patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control met with him at about 1:10 p.m. They intended to serve an arrest warrant stemming from an ongoing investigation. Nothum said the man knew the troopers he was meeting with.

Nothum said the suspect approached the troopers in a threatening manner with a gun. The suspect was then struck by gunfire from the patrol.

Nothum said the man was struck at least two times, maybe three and was taken to St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur in critical condition. shows Weinhaus, known as Bulletinman, was charged in Franklin County Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance, tampering with a judicial officer and misdemeanor possession of marijuana from an incident stemming from Aug. 17.

Weinhaus, who ran for sheriff in St. Francois County, is running for coroner in Crawford County, according to the newspaper. In that 2000 St. Francois County election, Sheriff Dan Bullock was re-elected to his third term by a vote of 13,454 to 4,835.

Weinhaus’ Rockport Entertainment Complex, better known as the Christmas in Lights property, now Stone Park on Berry Road north of Bonne Terre, was the scene of several rave music parties in 2000.

While Weinhaus, a 1985 graduate of Festus, was going through court proceedings on an injunction and restraining order to stop the rave parties, he filed a petition alleging harassment against the sheriff and then-Prosecutor Wendy Wexler Horn.

He also had filed petitions to oust the sheriff, then-County Clerk Sandy Wells and then-Associate Circuit Court Judge James Pennoyer.

He argued that Pennoyer did not subscribe to the oath of office after his election in 1998 and was therefore not authorized to carry out the duties of the office. He argued the sheriff should be removed for serving papers issued by Judge Pennoyer and for not arresting the judge.

In more recent years, he has criticized officials in Jefferson and Crawford counties, publicizing the criticism through bulletins, Internet blogs and YouTube.

His last YouTube post talks about his wife filing for divorce, troopers taking his medications and computers, a trip to the mental health center, occupying the courthouse, and the government and police being criminal.

A post earlier this month shows a petition he planned to file with the Supreme Court against the 20th Circuit Court, Judge David Hoven, the Missouri Highway Patrol, Sgt. HJ Folsom and Erik Kessler.

“…Petitioner (Weinhaus) is aware of numerous murders committed by members of law enforcement and other suspect deaths by members of the BAR aka ruling establishment,” a portion of the document reads. “This is Petitioners third attempt at Public Office to counter the overthrow of the Republic. In the year 2000 a run for Sheriff in St. Francois County. Which cost 30 acres, $300,000 and 30 days in Jail. In 2006 Alderman in Piedmont which cost a house, a wife and three children, over $25,000 and 13 days in the Mental Hospital …”

It goes on to explain that Judge Hoven had authorized the issuance of a search warrant on Aug. 22 and that allowing the items to be removed violated his free speech.

Leave a Comment