Six dogs at the Park Hills Pound; and one dog at the Desloge Pound are seeking their owners or new homes where they can be loved and cared for, according to Pet Central of the Mineral Area member, Adele Stemler.
Park Hills Pound
• Female mixed-breed, about a year old. “The mix is indeterminable, but she has some characteristics of Shar Pei, pitbull and Labrador,” Stemler said. “She is intelligent and attentive.”
• Labrador mix, on the small side, and 6 to 12 months old. Stemler said, “She is not yet leash trained, but is affectionate and willing to please.”
• Exuberant female pitbull puppy, 4 to 6 months old. “She loves attention,” Stemler said.
• Male pitbull cross, about 8 to 10 months old. “He is friendly and wants to please his new owner,” Stemler said.
• Female pointer-type cross, about a year old.
• “Angel” is a female brindle mixed-breed puppy, about 6 to 8 months old. “She knows some basic commands,” Stemler said.
573-431-3700/Ask for Animal Control
• Male Corgi, about a year old.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Farmington Pound has about 20 cats that include 7- to 8-week-old kittens, adolescents and mature cats. Call 573-747-1988 for more information.
To give owners the opportunity to claim them, dogs and cats are kept for seven days at the Park Hills and Farmington Pounds; and five days at the Desloge Pound. After that, they are eligible for adoption or euthanasia. There are no adoption fees, but rescuers are required by the Missouri Department of Agriculture to sign a spay/neuter/vaccination commitment.
Space may not allow the publication of photos for all dogs and cats listed. Also, other animals not featured in this story may be available for adoption.