Five dogs at the Farmington Pound; three dogs and two cats at the Park Hills Pound; and two dogs at the Desloge Pound are seeking their owners or new homes where they can be loved and cared for.
• Male collie mix, medium to large size, about a year old.
• Female collie/husky cross, about one-and-a-half years old, with soft blue eyes. She doesn’t like smaller dogs.
• Male pitbull/Labrador mix, about a year old.
• Female pitbull terrier, about one-and-a-half years old. She has recently had pups that have all been placed. Now she needs a home of her own.
• Female pitbull and Boston terrier cross. She is about 1 year old, spayed and housebroken.
Park Hills Pound
• Brindled Labrador mix, about a year old. She is friendly and curious.
• Two adult female cats, one a calico; the second is a white and grey-swirled tortoise shell. They both need homes for the holidays.
• Six-month-old male that looks like a Labrador with the markings of a rottweiler. He’s housebroken.
• Male Labrador, about a year old. He is housebroken and knows some commands.
573-431-3700/Ask for Animal Control
• Darling little poodle, male and mature.
• Male Labrador mix, 7- to 8-months-old.
To give owners the opportunity to claim them, dogs and cats are kept for seven days at the Park Hills and Farmington Pounds; and five days at the Desloge Pound. After that, they are eligible for adoption or euthanasia. There are no adoption fees, but rescuers are required by the Missouri Department of Agriculture to sign a spay/neuter/vaccination commitment.
Space may not allow the publication of photos for all dogs and cats listed. Also, other animals not featured in this story may be available for adoption.