PARK HILLS – The Mineral Area College Board of Trustees will hold its regular monthly meeting at 2 p.m. Thursday in the boardroom on the Park Hills campus. A tentative agenda has been released and is as follows:
• Recognition of men’s basketball team, Chad Mills.
• Re-enactment of resolution to administer the oath of office to elected trustees — Jerry Sullivan, Subdistrict No. 3; and Alan Wells, subdistrict at large. The oath will be administered by Harvey Faircloth, acting president of the MAC Board of Trustees.
• Approval of trustee officers for a two-year term.
• Consent Agenda: 1) approval of minutes; 2) approval of bills; 3) investment of funds; 4) next meeting date: May 16, 2013; and 5) approval of purchase orders /requisitions over $10,000.
• President’s Report: 1) National, state, local, Dr. Steve Kurtz; 2) Phi Theta Kappa report, Emily Murdock; 3) Spring / summer semester 2013 enrollment reports, Jean Merrill-Doss; 4) Dual credit report, Julie Downs; 5) Central Methodist University (CMU) commencement, Dr. Kurtz; 6) 2013 Governor’s Community College Excellence in Teaching Award, Gil Kennon; 7) Festivals, fairs and competitions, Kay Crecelius; 8) Results of PBL competition, Roger McMillian; 9) Results of PAS competition, Chad Follis and Alan Bayless; 10) Annual Breaking Traditions Awards, Tanya DeGonia; 11) Reminder of Annual Foundation Golf Tournament, Julia Dill; 12) Report from Classified Staff, Wendell Johnson; and 13) Report from Faculty Forum, Dr. Diana Stuart.
• Old Business: Construction update, Rusty Straughan.
• New Business: 1) Approval of tuition / fees recommendation for FY2014, Dr. Kurtz and Gil Kennon; 2) First reading of Board Policy Article 5 (Student Services), Jean Merrill-Doss; 3) Approval of 2+2 Agreement with CMU, Dr. Kurtz.
The meeting is open to the public.