The Park Hills Fire Department responded to a house fire off Camilla Ave. at the cross section of Cameron Ave. and Sloan in Park Hills Friday night.
The call came in at 9:45 p.m. indicating there was heavy smoke throughout the home. Park Hills Captain Brad Weiss said when they arrived at the scene there were flames coming out of the window and heavy smoke from the front of the home.
“The homeowner had called us and apparently she had a heat lamp set up for a sick dog,” said Weiss. “She said a blanket fell on the heat lamp and caught on fire. Firefighters were able to get the fire out pretty quick, but it’s just really smoky.
“I don’t think it’s a total loss, but the main living room is pretty much burned out. The rest of the house is just really smoky so we are going to see if we can get the homeowner a place to stay with all of her animals.”
Fire departments that assisted included Farmington, Desloge, Bismarck, and Bonne Terre moved up to the Park Hills station to cover any other calls at the time.
Weiss added that they talked to the fire marshal and it was decided that it wasn’t necessary for an investigator to come out under the circumstances.
“We had a quick response and everyone did what they needed to,” said Weiss. “There were no injuries and everyone got out safely.”
Renee Bronaugh is a reporter for the Daily Journal and can be reached at 573-518-3617 or email@example.com