The Fredericktown Fire Department responded to two calls in less than an hour, Monday morning.
The first call came at 9:05 a.m. at a residence on Holmes St. in Fredericktown. The second call came at 9:49 a.m., at Classic Equine Equipment at 100 Wulfert Dr., in the Fredericktown Industrial Park.
Chief John Clark said the residential fire was “electrical in nature.”
No one as home at the time of the fire. No one was injured and the house received “moderate damage” according to Chief Clark.
The fire department extinguished the fire and ultimately cleared the scene at 10:58 a.m.
While they were still fighting the residential fire, Fredericktown firefighters were called out to Classic Equine when the company’s fire alarm sounded.
Clark said a malfunctioning heating and air unit in the furnace room at the business caused smoke, activating the alarm. Again, no one was injured. There was no damage to the building, and the fire department left the scene at 10:29 a.m.
The Fredericktown Police Department and Madison County EMS also responded and assisted at both fires.