The Bismarck Fire Department was called to the 1200 block of Spruce Street at about 9:45 a.m. Monday for a fire alarm sounding.
Bismarck Fire Captain John Colwell said when they arrived on scene it was upgraded to a working house fire because they found heavy fire coming from the back of the home.
“Everyone was out of the house and no one was injured,” said Colwell. “We believe the fire was an accidental electrical fire and we didn’t call the fire marshal in. The home suffered significant damage, but I don’t know if it will be a total loss or not.”
While firefighters worked in the rain to put the fire out, the area was covered with heavy smoke billowing from beneath the eaves.
Firefighters were on the scene for two hours. Firefighters from Irondale and Leadwood assisted the Bismarck Fire Department.
Renee Bronaugh is a reporter for the Daily Journal and can be reached at 573-518-3617 or email@example.com