BONNE TERRE – Freshman catcher Emma Becker homered twice while finishing 4-for-4 with six RBI and four runs scored as the North County softball team downed conference rival Potosi 14-2 on Tuesday.
Michaela Mason pitched all six innings for the win, striking out four batters while walking none. She scattered six hits and allowed one earned run.
North County (6-4, 4-1) put the contest away with seven runs in the home half of the sixth, and will play Central on Thursday for first place in the MAAA standings.
Stacey Politte finished 3-for-4 while Maizie Tyree and Kiersdan Davis added two hits each for the Lady Raiders. Kennedy Kohler and Mason contributed singles.
Central 7, Ste. Genevieve 1
STE. GENEVIEVE – Kert Furry tripled while going 2-for-3 overall, and Central maintained its share of first place in the MAAA with 7-1 victory over Ste. Genevieve.
Winning pitcher Karissa Belfield allowed only an unearned run on three hits and struck out nine. She was 2-for-2 at the plate along with four stolen bases and two runs scored.
Central (5-5, 4-1) tallied three times in the fourth inning to snap a 1-1 tie, and tacked on three insurance runs in the seventh.
Kimmy Wallen and Caitlyn Holmes added two hits apiece for the Lady Rebels. Alexus Groom and Abby Holmes singled.
Katie Glassey finished 2-for-3 to pace Ste. Genevieve (2-7, 1-4), while Dakota Johnson and Adrea Mueller chipped in hits. Britani Clanton yielded 10 hits and fanned four in the loss.
Farmington took its second conference loss in a 15-8 outcome against Fredericktown on Tuesday.
Potosi 2, Viburnum 0
POTOSI – Shayla Jennings and Jenna Haynes combined for seven stuff-blocks on Tuesday, and Potosi eased past Viburnum 25-15, 25-18 in volleyball action.
Megann Finley spiked a team-high seven kills while Kaley Haarman equaled Jennings with four each to pace the Lady Trojans.
Miranda Chazelle dished out 13 assists and Michayla Williams added six for Potosi (2-3). Elaina Chazelle led with nine digs.
Notre Dame 2, Ste. Genevieve 1
STE. GENEVIEVE – Notre Dame answered a powerful start by Ste. Genevieve to claim a narrow 18-25, 25-10, 25-22 road win.
Madison Reynolds compiled 12 digs, 16 digs and 13 serve receptions in defeat for the Dragons (5-3-2), who split two sets with Notre Dame in tournament action last weekend.
Drue Lalumandier matched dual setter Samantha Bumgardaner with 14 assists each, and served three aces for Ste. Genevieve. Courtney Donze added two solo blocks.
Avery Reed totaled nine kills and Jennifer Humbolt had seven along with 12 digs and 18 receptions. Deryn Brown received 21 serves and made seven digs.
Fredericktown 9, Potosi 0
POTOSI – The Fredericktown girls tennis team surrendered only two games in three doubles contest, and swept Potosi 9-0 in conference action.
Maddie Burrows and Victoria Peppers won by shutout in singles for the Lady Blackcats (3-2, 2-0).
1. Maddie Rehkop (FR) def. Emilie Gray, 8-2
2. Bailey Stamp (FR) def. Holly Jarvis, 8-2
3. Lauryn Edwards (FR) def. Kiley Dickey, 8-3
4. Maddie Burrows (FR) def. Josi Hayes, 8-0
5. Victoria Peppers (FR) def. Taylor Campbell, 8-0
6. Taylor Starkey (FR) def. Breanna Brown, 8-1
1. Rehkop/Stamp (FR) def. Gray/Jarvis, 8-1
2. Edwards/Peppers (FR) def. Dickey/Brown, 8-1
3. Burrows/Starkey (FR) def. Hayes/Campbell, 8-0
Dexter 8, Arcadia Valley 1
IRONTON – Dexter rolled through the doubles phase to drop only two games, and posted an 8-1 triumph over Arcadia Valley.
Lily Tripp earned an 8-6 victory for the Lady Tigers in the No. 1 singles match.
1. Lily Tripp (AV) def. Lexi May, 8-6
2. Morgan Aldridge (D) def. Bethany Musser, 8-5
3. Reagan Miller (D) def. Claire Hemphill, 8-0
4. Maci Urhahn (D) def. Sidney Tyndall, 8-2
5. Rachel Finch (D) def. Madison Bates, 8-1
6. Nicole Sells (D) def. Trinity Chappell, 8-0
1. Aldridge/Urhahn (D) def. Tripp/Musser, 8-1
2. May/Miller (D) def. Hemphill/Chappell, 8-0
3. Finch/Sells (D) def. Tyndall/Bates, 8-1