DECA students from Fredericktown High School competed at the State Career and Development Conference (SCDC),March 11-13, in Kansas City, Mo.
Eleven FHS students qualified for this competition by placing in the top two in their event at the district competition in early February.
DECA (Distributive Educational Clubs of America) prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for their future careers. There were approximately 1,900 participants at SCDC. This was a great opportunity for our students to network and compete some of the state’s best. Our students competed in events based in one of four core areas: Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism, Finance, or Business Management & Administration.
This year we did not have any state finalists (place in the top eight), but our students represented our school and community very well. As their advisor I am very proud of how our students conducted and presented themselves through the entire conference.
The following students competed at SCDC in the following events:
• Nolan Hovis and Skylar Tarkington (Marketing Management)
• Kenneth couch and David Frazier (Buying and Merchandising)
• Clemens Novak and Carter Corcino (Business Law and Ethics)
• Sierra Sample (Quick Serve Restaurant Management)
• Elizabeth Hinkle (Apparel and Accessories Marketing)
• Ralph Patterson (Sports and Entertainment Marketing)
• Will Arras (Marketing Communications)
• Jenna Martindale (Marketing Communications)