The North St. Francois County R-1 School District recently issued the steps parents and guardians must take to enroll students for classes in the fall. The 2023-24 school year begins Aug. 21.
The administrative office shared the following:
Early childhood registration
Contact the district registrar at 573-431-3300, Option 1, Option 5 to register for the Early Childhood Program (ECH). To qualify for the program, your child must be 4 years old before Aug. 1, 2023. The registrar will provide you with further information.
Parents/Guardians of children who are 3-5 years old or approaching age 3 who suspect their child may have a developmental delay or educational disability, may contact the Special Services Process Coordinator’s Office at 573-431-3300 (Option 2, Option 5) to make a referral for evaluation to determine eligibility for early childhood special services.
To be eligible for Kindergarten, your child must be 5 years old before Aug. 1, 2023.
New Students: Registration for new students in ALL GRADES will be at the North County Primary building in the North County Developmental Center, located at 405 Hillcrest Dr., Bonne Terre.
Dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday, Aug. 2, 8 a.m.-noon, 1 -6 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 3, 8 a.m.-noon, 1 -6 p.m.
After registration closes, new students will need to register by appointment only with the Registrar’s Office by calling 573-431-3300, Option 1, Option 5.
The following documents need to be in the name of the person who is completing the paperwork. If you reside with another household, someone from that household with the same proof of residence as stated below must accompany you and complete a waiver and have it notarized by our district notary.
For registration, you must provide the following:
- Proof of Residency: rental/ lease agreement, mortgage statement, real estate tax receipt, utility bill which must be current, within 30 days, (i.e. electric, water, trash, gas, or alarm monitoring system).
- Student’s state-issued birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo identification
- Court documents, if applicable (proof of guardianship, divorce, DFS placement, foster care, etc.)
North County R-1 School District must receive before students attend classes in the district:
- Proof of district residence
- Discipline record from previous school (5th-12th grades)
- Immunization record
- Withdrawal grades from previous school (5th-12th grades)
In order to ensure your child receives the best possible placement and care, the district would also appreciate any I.E.P., 504, Special Services documents, and medical documents.