IRONTON – Madeline Coles, Lily Pursley and Reese Brogan each won two matches, and Arcadia Valley scored a rare victory over Farmington in girls tennis action.
Meleah Lara added a No. 5 singles triumph, and the previously winless Lady Tigers emerged 6-3 after capturing a key doubles majority on Wednesday.
Coles teamed with Kylee Hartwick to edge a new Farmington pairing of Macie Coleman with Addison Brenneke in a tiebreaker.
Pursley and Brogan cruised to an 8-1 doubles win, and Coles topped Coleman 8-4 atop the singles rankings favoring Arcadia Valley (1-5, 1-2).
The official MSHSAA website indicated that Farmington (1-4, 0-3) had claimed at least 25 straight head-to-head clashes dating back to the 2010 season.
The Knights were short-handed without original No. 1 player Ava Guzman, forcing the lineup to be reshuffled. Brenneke moved up two spots and notched an 8-1 victory over Hartwick.
Dagny McCarver jumped into the pressure of varsity action, and won her singles contest after joining Cadence Pegram for a positive 8-6 doubles result.
- Madeline Coles (AV) def. Macie Coleman, 8-4
- Lily Pursley (AV) def. Kalei Davis, 8-4
- Addison Brenneke (FA) def. Kylee Hartwick, 8-1
- Reese Brogan (AV) def. Mallory Felker, 8-3
- Meleah Lara (AV) def. Cadence Pegram, 8-5
- Dagny McCarver (FA) def. Meadow Boushey, 8-2
- Coles/Hartwick (AV) def. Coleman/Brenneke, 9-8 (2)
- Pursley/Brogan (AV) def. Davis/Felker, 8-1
- Pegram/McCarver (FA) def. Lara/Boushey, 8-6
North County 9, St. Pius 0
BONNE TERRE – North County was challenged deep into all three doubles matches, but emerged unscathed before closing out a 9-0 sweep of St. Pius on Wednesday.
Kinley Tracy posted a No. 3 singles shutout, and Lucy Pace won 8-1 for the second straight day. Claire Scott also enjoyed a relatively calm 8-3 result.
St. Pius prolonged the remaining matches, but Alli Scott topped Chloe Kronlage 8-6, Camille Skaggs clipped Natalie Pate 9-7, and Chloe Roach beat Sophia Senkel 8-5.
Alli Scott and Tracy got a needed service break to finish off their 9-7 doubles win for North County (6-0). The pairings of Pace with Skaggs and Roach with Claire Scott each prevailed 8-6.
- Lucy Pace (NC) def. Carolyne Argana, 8-1
- Alli Scott (NC) def. Chloe Kronlage, 8-6
- Kinley Tracy (NC) def. Brooke Madden, 8-0
- Camille Skaggs (NC) def. Natalie Pate, 9-7
- Chloe Roach (NC) def. Sophia Senkel, 8-5
- Claire Scott (NC) def. Hannah Hovis, 8-3
- Pace/Skaggs (NC) def. Argana/Pate, 8-6
- A Scott/Tracy (NC) def. Kronlage/Madden, 9-7
- Roach/C Scott (NC) def. Schurk/Cheaney, 8-6
Potosi 7, Windsor 2
IMPERIAL, Mo. – Lani Elder and Hannah Barron rolled to convincing 8-1 singles wins, and unbeaten Potosi stepped outside of conference play to defeat Windsor 7-2 on Wednesday.
Aubree Wilson prevailed 8-2 while Tori Krebs and Gracie Lawson battled their way to identical 8-6 victories for the Lady Trojans.
Potosi (4-0) earned a couple of 8-1 doubles results from the pairings of Elder with Krebs and Barron with Wilson.
Heidi Heinkel seized the lone singles win for Windsor.
- Lani Elder (P) def. Mackenzie Ferrell, 8-1
- Tori Krebs (P) def. Ava Mason, 8-6
- Gracie Lawson (P) Def. Lauren LaPlant, 8-6
- Heidi Heinkel (W) def. Kensington Davies, 8-6
- Hannah Barron (P) def. Isabelle Martin, 8-1
- Aubree Wilson (P) def. Hadley Flanders, 8-2
- Elder/Krebs (P) def. Ferrell/Heinkel, 8-1
- Mason/LaPlant (W) def. Lawson/Davies, 8-6
- Barron/Wilson (P) def. Martin/Flanders, 8-1
North County 20, Herculaneum 1
HERCULANEUM, Mo. – Senior catcher Madi Pyeatt connected for a two-run triple, and reached base three times as North County notched its first victory of the softball season.
Amy Layton and Madi Carroll each added a two-run double, and the Lady Raiders capitalized on several free passes and errors to defeat Herculaneum 20-1.
North County (1-5) extended an 11-0 lead with nine runs in the third inning. Sammy Waller and Raegan Pierce singled while Kensey Marler reached base five straight times.
Waller allowed three hits and struck out three over three innings for the win.
Lane Hamtil, Alexis Howell and Kaylyn Yamnitz singled for Herculaneum (1-4).
Windsor 3, Ste. Genevieve 0
IMPERIAL, Mo. – Windsor completed a three-set sweep at home on Wednesday by defeating Ste. Genevieve 25-16, 25-18, 25-22.
Emma Gegg posted a team-high eight kills plus 10 digs in defeat for the Dragons. Sophia Huck added seven kills and 21 assists.
Kale Clements was a force at the service line with six aces, and also landed seven kills while making nine digs. Kailynn Harmon chipped in four kills.
Abby Boyer led Ste. Genevieve (2-3) defensively with 11 digs, and Joleigh Parker totaled four kills, six assists and five digs.
Potosi 3, Steelville 0
POTOSI – Ava Robart unleashed 11 service aces on Wednesday as Potosi overmatched visiting Steelville 25-3, 25-7, 25-10 for a second home sweep in as many evenings.
Eden Robart also collected eight kills, and Paige West added seven more for the Lady Trojans.
Potosi (4-1) got 20 assists from setter Carsyn Yount.