The Park Hills-Leadington Chamber of Commerce (PHLCOC) is rolling out a gift card program encouraging customers to shop locally. According to the PHLCOC website, the program is called the Perfect Pick Community Gift Card, which allows “the perfect recipient to pick the perfect place to shop locally.”
Become a participating business
According to Tammi Coleman, Executive Director of the PHLCOC, there is no cost for a business to be part of the gift card program. The only stipulation is that the company must be a member of the PHLCOC. For business owners wanting to participate in the program, go to https://app.yiftee.com/gift-card/park-hills-leadington.
Businesses participating to date include:
• All Funk’d Up – Address: 99 W. Main St, Park Hills, Phone: 314-296-0264
• Andy’s Garage Service – LLC Address: 5918 Maple Street, Park Hills, Phone: 573-431-2626
• C & C Suppliers Janitorial and Food Service, LLC – Address: A4783 Flat River Road, Unit D, Farmington, Phone: 573-664-1017
• Copper Fox Contrived – Address: 361 W. Main St., Park Hills, Phone: 573-327-9582
• Fyre Lake Winery and Events Center – Address P.O. Box 82, Potosi, Phone: 573-436-2103
• Riverside Grill – Address: 7 E. Main Street, Park Hills, Phone: 573-327-4199
• Sideshow Tattoos and Piercings – Address: 101 Strauss Drive, Park Hills, Phone: 573-430-2044
• The Lunch Lady – Address: 201 Woodbine Street, Park Hills, Phone: 573-330-3819
• The Magic Shop – Address: 323 W. Main St., Park Hills, Phone: 573-760-4318
Purchase a ‘Perfect Pick’ card
To purchase a card and for detailed information, visit the PHLCOC website at https://app.yiftee.com/gift-card/park-hills-leadington, select the value of the “Perfect Pick” Community Gift Card, choose a recipient (family, friends, team members), and send it by email or text message. Recipients can use that value to make purchases at participating gift card merchants. The card purchaser pays an eDelivery fee to cover processing costs — $1 per card and 5% of the total value of the gift amount — unless this has been paid by a third party. The card recipient and merchant receive the full value of the card, providing maximum benefit to local businesses.
Perfect Pick cards are only available in electronic format or can be printed on paper; no plastic cards are available. In order to be redeemed, the card is keyed in manually into a business’s point of sale system as a credit card. It cannot be swiped. The gift cards are not reloadable but are usable at more than one location as long as there is a remaining balance.
According to the PHLCOC website, “These gifts are intended to be used in-store or over the phone with participating merchants listed. They will not work with delivery services that cannot specify a participating merchant point of sale system, such as Grubhub, Doordash, Uber Eats, and Postmates, because enabling these third parties would allow gifts to be redeemed outside the community. Online purchases will be declined if the purchase amount exceeds the current card balance; e-commerce engines don’t take multiple cards. Online purchases and chain or franchise locations where the merchants are not a part of your community may not be permitted by your community card organizers.”
Jeannie Northrup is a staff writer with the Daily Journal. She can be reached at email@example.com