Skip to main content

I'm sharing three more old postcards of the area that come from the many saved by my mom's family this week. But first, I'll start with an apo…

It has been said that life is a game. If so, are we the pawns? Do we roll the dice? Are there any dice to begin with? What are the rules if th…

In the July 21 Our Daily Bread devotional, David Roper wrote about his personal experience when years ago he applied for a position at a Chris…

Step outside on a late September afternoon and you hear the sounds of a million voices singing about life. It is at once raucous and soothing;…

On Aug. 18, 2021, Washington Post writer Cathy Free shared the stories of prisoners Richard Sanders, William White and Fred Brown. They are se…

Hey, ladies! Feeling old? Ugly? Overlooked? I have a guaranteed antidote for what ails you. It’s all a matter of shopping at the right store. …

In his Aug. 16, 2021, Daily Article, Dr. Jim Denison wrote about the relationship which developed between Presidents Bill Clinton and George H…

Going through a stack of old postcards is similar to being on an architectural dig, with the benefit being that postcards immediately give up …

The steering wheel brands my palm with the searing heat of the summer sun. I breathe in oven-hot air and emit steaming curses while I wait for…

They come in many shapes and sizes and even in different colors. Some are diagonal, others parallel, and some are smaller than others. Some of…

For years I watched hours of television news each day to help me stay informed about what was going on in my community and the world. Eventual…

It’s Sunday afternoon. All is right with the world. The air is summery warm, the sky is dotted with fluffy clouds and the birds are singing.

My friend Larry Davies began his Aug. 9 devotional: “We all occasionally suffer.” Suffering is a tragic but very real part of everyone’s life …

A day’s outing I’ll always remember was the time in the late 1940s when my dad decided we should go find the newly created Mingo Swamp in sout…

“Leaves the color of Fruit Loops," my mother used to say. She'd sigh wistfully as we drove along Missouri highways each fall, filling her eyes…

New Jersey native Matthew Emmons earned an accounting degree from the University of Alaska in Fairbanks, and an advanced degree from the Unive…

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News