Skip to main content

Woke up this morning to a lovely snow-covered world — that lasted for what seemed about one hour! Got up, dressed, let the dog out (SURPRISE! …

Since we’re stuck indoors together right now, John and I know our marriage will be tested. We can’t go anywhere except the grocery store, we a…

Let kids make mistakes (and learn from them)

As the Missouri General Assembly’s 2021 legislative session gets underway, Missouri Farm Bureau is focusing on issues that have long been foun…

If you regularly read my columns, you know I sometimes use a devotional idea from Our Daily Bread as the basis of a column. I knew immediately…

President-elect Joe Biden ran on a platform that promised to “Build Back Better” while also pledging to take the steps needed to address the h…

The stool sits in the corner of our kitchen, where it’s been for over 20 years. It is 70’s “shag carpeting” green. The paint is chipped here a…

One of the topics I try to avoid in class is abortion. There is a good reason for this avoidance; it is one of the subjects that inspires such…

Filings for the April municipal election end Jan. 19. I suspect that for most people, this is an issue that simply is of no interest — as it u…

Many years ago, I read the story of an elderly woman who fulfilled a lifelong dream when she traveled to Italy. Her family had immigrated from…

While we greeted 2021 in a far more subdued way than we have ushered in New Years in the past, or at least many of us did, I doubt that few pa…

And so a new year begins. Thank God. I’ve tried to avoid writing about the Pandemic; it was a bit like trying to ignore an air horn blaring in…

2020 has certainty been a year of years. I do not need to recount the events of this year; we all know them too well. It is just strange to th…

In October 2020, the Wheatly Institution released a comprehensive study of 16,474 individuals titled, “Religion in the Home.” The study was co…

What a wild and crazy year it’s been! Who would have imagined that 2020 would be so difficult for so many — not just here in the United States…

It’s time to make that first significant purchase of 2021. I’ve browsed throughout the holiday season, looking for the perfect calendar.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News