Skip to main content

Easter is the Sunday more people attend church than any other. However, despite significantly higher numbers last Sunday, many believe the out…

From the first time Popeye strode across the boards of a black and white pier, his blimpy forearms and clenched fists gyrating in piston motio…

Twelve-year-old Jeremy was nearly five years behind in school. He had made it only to the second grade at the Christian school he attended. Co…

Hear that wind? Not too loud — just a pleasant puff of air that slides across your ears like a whisper. Like pursed lips blowing syllables of …

With the beloved children’s author Dr. Seuess being the latest on the chopping block of what is being called “cancel culture,” it is once agai…

This is part two of a two-part column. Part one, "Life mirrors fiction," appeared in the March 17th issue of The Farmington Press. – Editor

When I was pastor of the Macedonia Baptist Church in Rolla during the 1990’s I became friends with fellow-pastor Rob Hobson who lived about 10…

On Easter Sunday I always wore a new dress to church. My shoes didn’t tie like everyday sneakers. They were secured with a single strap across…

Harvard political scientist Robert D. Putnam and Harvard graduate Shaylyn Romeny Garrett wrote a fascinating book released on Oct. 13, 2020 en…

I have plenty to worry about. One of my ears sticks out farther than the other. I get my kids’ names mixed up with long-dead relatives. If gas…

I watched the PBS Masterpiece series recently, “All Creatures Great and Small.” The book written by James Herriot is on my all-time favorites …

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News