Subscribe for 17¢ / day

Several people were seriously injured in a multi-vehicle crash Thursday morning on Highway 8 near Morgan & White Quarries.

According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Richard Dickey, 56, of Potosi, was driving east in a Washington County Road and Bridge 2006 Freightliner Dump Truck. He stopped on Highway 8 to turn left into the quarry.

Jaron Boyet, 33, of Potosi, was driving eastbound on Highway 8 in his 2009 Kia Optima when he failed to see Dickey stopped in the roadway to turn. His Kia rear-ended the dump truck. Cheyenne Pulliam, 20, of Bismarck, was driving her 2000 Ford Escort and rear-ended Boyet.

Then Jason Vielma, 24, of Farmington, rear-ended Pulliam in his 1998 Chevrolet Lumina and Clyde Weathers, 42, of Bonne Terre, struck the side Vielma’s car with his Ford F150.

Boyet was wearing his seat belt and was flown to Mercy-St. Louis by Air Evac with serious injuries. His passenger, Soyson Boyet, 34, of Potosi, was not wearing a seat belt and was taken by Air Evac to Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis with serious injuries. Their one-week old daughter, Ella Boyet, was in a car seat and was taken to Parkland Health Center in Farmington by ambulance and then airlifted to St. Louis Children’s Transport Team with Arch Medical Service for serious injuries.

Vielma was not wearing a seat belt and was airlifted to Mercy-St. Louis by Survival Flight. Pulliam was also not wearing her seat belt and was taken to Parkland Health Center in Farmington by St. Francois County Ambulance with minor injuries.

St. Francois County Ambulance District Administrator David Tetrault said as of 4:30 p.m. the baby was in critical condition still, but doing well at this time. He added they would know more in 24 hours.

“She was flown to Children’s Trauma Center and at the time of flight she was unstable and had critical injuries,” said Tetrault. “We also had one female patient taken to Barnes for a head injury and other fractures with legs. She is mom and was taken to Barnes to be close to her baby that was seriously injured.”

Tetrault added one of the men had a head injury and arm and leg fractures and the other man had shoulder and arm fractures.

Renee Bronaugh is a reporter for the Daily Journal and can be reached at 573-518-3617 or



Load comments